These are 10 (maybe paranoid) but-useful holiday tips from the BagWise Team!
It is about your bank acount, insurance, financials and all that matters in notes & coins. Better have a read rather than be sad...
Here you go, our check list is ready:
- Keep all emergency numbers as a text or as an entry in your smartphone's calendar. Statistics say smartphones / mobile phones are kept by more people by their side than car keys or credit cards.
- Alert your bank about your destination and how long you will stay. This way, they will not block your cards when a transaction occurs at your holiday destination.
- While travelling, divide your valuables (money, cards, ID, traveller's cheques, currency...) into 2 different packs / bags. If you lose one, you still have the others to carry on (get yourself a flat bag or pouch to get your documents safe and sound http://goo.gl/Ga48jc
- If you have travel insurance, get a copy of the policy to read on the plane and keep local numbers (if provided) handy, as in time of need, you can reach out quick. Does your travel insurance renew automatically? Better double check before you go.
- If you do not have travel insurance, check if your clubcard or bank account or credit card already included you in one. Maybe you already have one ?
- Backup your tech-gear before you leave: laptop, smartphone, tablet could be backed up within few minutes to the cloud or an external hard drive, to avoid great pain when one (or more!) are lost or stolen.
- Going to Europe ? Did you take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) ? (if you don't even know what we are talking about, try this link: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx).
- Going to airport by car and leave it at car park till you get back ? Think twice ! Check the current charges of the airport you are flying from and do the maths. Sometimes the charges are multiples of a train ride, better to leave the chevy home !
- Do not announce on social media that you are "going away to a crazy party for 2 weeks!!! Hooorah !!" You might be alerting the wrong crowd and get your flat robbed... (ups, we hope not!)
Hope these help. If you have any tips / advise, please drop us a line and we will add them to our list.